This document contains very important information regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations, and exclusions that might apply to you. Please read it carefully.
These terms require the use of arbitration to resolve disputes, rather than recourse to the judicial system.
By placing an order for products or services from this website, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and you accept and are bound by these terms and conditions. You affirm that if you place an order on behalf of an organization or company, you have the legal authority to bind any such organization or company to these terms and conditions.
You may not order or obtain products or services from this website if you: (i) do not agree to these terms and conditions; (ii) are not the age of majority in your province or territory of residence; or (iii) are prohibited from accessing or using this website or any of this website’s contents, products or services by applicable law.
These terms and conditions (these “Terms“) apply to the purchase and sale of products and services through Taste of Jamaica (the “Site“). These Terms are subject to change by Taste of Jamaica Inc. (referred to as “us“, “we“, or “our” as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to these Terms will be in effect as of the “Last Updated Date” referenced on this Site. You should review these Terms before purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the “Last Updated Date” will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products and services listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products or services to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered.
- Prices and Payment Terms.
- All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price advertised on this Site at the time the order is placed, subject to the terms of any promotions or discounts that may be applicable. The price charged will be clearly stated in your order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after the time of the increase. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your total price and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information; however, we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept by approved credit cards, debit cards, PayPal and Stripe for all purchases. You represent and warrant that: (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honoured by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order.
Terms of payment are within our sole discretion. Invoices are due and payable upon receipt and before the Company begins working on payment. In the event that payment is not processed, we may charge a 20% NSF fee and may charge late payment interest of ten percent (10%) per annum on undisputed amounts, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is less as liquidated damages. Without waiving any of our other rights or remedies, we may refuse additional orders and suspend any services until all overdue amounts are paid in full.
- Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
- We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges unless otherwise specified in the order confirmation.
- Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier or when the customer takes possession in the event of curbside pickup or when delivery has reached the shipping address in the event we undertake to deliver the product with our own team. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
- Returns and Refunds. Unless otherwise stated, the Company does not offer refunds. If there is an issue with your order, please contact the Company using the information on the Contact Page and we will assess your matter on a case-by-case basis. Any refunds or returns will be at the Company’s sole discretion.
You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items unless otherwise specified. You bear the risk of loss during shipment.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty and Disclaimers.
We do not manufacture or control some of the products or services offered on our Site. The availability of products or services through our Site does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any product, service, or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any conditions or warranties with respect to the products or services offered on our Site. However, the products and services offered on our Site are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty as detailed in the product’s description on our Site and included with the product. To obtain warranty service for defective products, please follow the instructions included in the manufacturer’s warranty.
All products manufactured by the Company are held to the standards applicable to Ontario Law and Regulation.
- ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION: (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER’S FAILURE TO HONOUR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability.
- OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SITE.
- Goods Not for Resale or Export. You represent and warrant that you are buying products or services from the Site for your own use only and not for resale or export. You further represent and warrant that all purchases are intended for final delivery to locations within Canada.
- Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any of these Terms (except for any obligations to make payments to the other party hereunder), when and to the extent such party’s (the “Impacted Party”) failure or delay is caused by or results from the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics, pandemics, including the 2019 novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), tsunami, explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or action; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this agreement; (f) national or regional emergency; (g) strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; (h) shortage of adequate or suitable materials, telecommunication breakdown or shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities; and (i) other similar events beyond the control of the Impacted Party.
The Impacted Party shall give notice within a reasonable time-frame of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of thirty (30) days following written notice given by it, either party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon seven (7) days’ written notice.
- Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this 13 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
- No Waivers. The failure or delay by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Tast of Jamaica Inc.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person or entity other than you.
- To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide to us and consent to us using; or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
- To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by electronic mail transmission transmission to us using the contact information on our Contact Page;
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.